Friday, February 27, 2009

Dresses


I made this blessing dress for my niece that is a month old.
I found the pattern that I used for the skirt and thought it was so adorable and delicate. Just what a blessing dress should be. I also used that same pattern for the sleeves. I added a cute and simple trim to the neck, sleeves, and skirt to give it a finished look and to tie all the elements together. There are four buttons down the back and I used a silver sheer ribbon at the waiste and end of the sleeve.

Posted by Picasa


The jumper I made for my 4 year old daughter.
This was another pattern that I altered because I needed a bigger size and I wanted a detail of some kind on the bodice. I went with stripes. Which is an easy way to add interest to a project. I continued the stripe idea onto the skirt, but in a different way.

I loved the way these dresses turned out! Let me know what you think. Any suggestions to make them better would be welcome.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

They turned out great!I really love the colors that you used for Abby's dress. Slightly less drastic then my choices for Mihiret :)...ha!

The DeVito's said...

they are so stinking cute!!